Middle/High School Health Office

Elementary School Health Office

Catherine Conroy

MS/HS Registered Nurse
(585) 226-2455 ext 1435

Rhonda Goeke

(585) 226-2455 ext 1424

Nicole Montesano

ES Registered Nurse
(585) 226-2455 ext 1123

Michelle Moody

(585) 226-2455 ext 1222

MS/HS Health Office Fax: (585) 226-1736

ES Health Office Fax: (585) 226-1723

Staying Home Guidelines

Be sure to ask your provider when it is safe for your child to return to school, not only for your child's health, but for the health of the other members of the school.

Your child must be symptom free (without medication) for 24 hours before returning to school.

Home Sick

Keep Your Child Home If:

  • He/She has a fever of 100.5 degrees or greater (Should be fever free for 24 hours without medication to return)

  • He/She has a severe headache accompanied with a fever

  • He/She is fatigue and/or tired from an illness

  • He/She has severe chest congestion or a significant cough

  • He/She has significant nasal drainage

  • He/She is vomiting or has diarrhea

  • He/She has a severe sore throat (accompanied with a fever or feeling ill) that persists for longer that 48 hours or has a strep throat infection - Strep Throat Information

  • He/She has pink eye or you suspect that they might have pick eye (they need to be seen by their physician) - Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye) Information

  • He/She has severe ear pain that should be evaluated by a physician

  • He/She has any form of fungal infection



Please call the attedance clerk, Kristy Coleman, at (585) 226-2455 ext 1724 if your child is going to be tardy or absent from school. This phone line is a 24 hour service. Messages are checked every morning (and during the day) to ensure the safety of our students.

  • If you did not notify the school, you will receive an automated phone call from the district. Please be sure to contact our attendance clerk letting her know why your child is absent. Again, this is for the safety of your child.

  • If your child is tardy, please sign your child in at the main office when you arrive. You will not need to stop at the nurse's office. After the student checks in at the main office, he/she can then go right to their classroom.

  • If your child will be dismissed early from school, please send a note stating the time, who will be picking your child up, and reason for the early departure. By sending in a note, you are making the teacher aware of your child(ren)'s absence along with the main office. Again, this is for the safety of our students.

  • If your child is out due to a medical matter and you would like the nurse to know, use the numbers listed at the top of the page to connect with your school nurse.

Has your contact information changed? If so, please contact Crystal Ryan with your updated information at (585) 226-2455 ext 1416. Having up to date contact information is extremely important in an emergency situation.


Allergy Awareness:

Food allergies are a growing food safety and public health concern that affect an estimated 8% of children in the United States. A food allergy occurs when the body’s immune system sees a certain food as harmful and reacts by causing symptoms - an allergic reaction. Explore the links below for more information on food allergies and reaction prevention:

Non-Food Ideas for Birthday Celebrations:
If you would like an alternative to food treats for your child’s birthday celebration, see the suggestions below. Always check with your child's teacher first to see what he/she finds acceptable for their classroom.

  • Party Favors (bouncy balls, matchbox cars, erasers, tops, magnifying glasses, notepads, balloons, whistles, bubbles, etc.). 

  • Come read a book to the class.   

  • Buy something for the classroom (books, games, etc.).

  • Send in the supplies and directions for a craft the kids can do.

  • Arrange for the kids to play a game instead of eating a snack.




Concussion Management & TBI:



Immunizations should be as complete as possible when school starts. In accordance with Public Health Law #2164, all children entering school must be immunized against polio, measles, rubella, mumps, hepatitis B, and diptheria. Proof must be presented at the time of registration that these immunizations are completed or in process of being completed. If booster shots haven’t been given, please let the school nurse know the scheduled date.

Insurance Assistance

Insurance Assistance:

Medication Information

Medication Policy:

  • An adult must drop off the medication. Your child is not allowed to carry the medication to and from school.

  • A new medication authorization (doctor's orders) with the medication is required at the beginning of each school year.

  • Parents/Guardians must fill out the Avon Medication Authorization Form and submit it to the school nurse with the medication when it is completed by the parent/guardian and the child's physician.

  • Medication must be in the original bottle with your child's name on it.

  • Over the counter medication must be brought in as an unopened bottle.

  • Make sure the new medication authorization forms are sent to the health office prior to the 1st day of school. This will ensure that your child has the medication they need on the 1st day of school.

  • Any questions please contact the school nurse.



Students who are able to self-apply sunscreen are allowed to self-carry and use topical sunscreen products approved by the FDA. Students MUST have written permission to do so from their parent/guardian.

Skin Infections

Tips for Preventing Skin Infections:

  1. Recognize signs and symptoms early

  2. Practice good hygiene

  3. Avoid sharing clothing and personal objects

  4. Contact your health care provider with any questions or concerns

Working Papers

Working Papers:

Applications for work permits can be found at the High School Main Office. To obtain proof of physical (physical fitness certificate), a copy of the student's most recent physical must be on file in the nurse's office. Please contact the school nurse to check on the status of your physical.

If you need proof of physical and you are unable to reach the school nurse, this Physical Fitness Certification can be filled out by your primary physician.