Hello ACS community,

This afternoon at about 3:14, the fire alarm at the Elementary School was activated.  It appears to have been activated due to the overheating of a univent motor in a rooftop unit.  All individuals left the building immediately.  

Representatives of the Avon FD were on scene within just a few minutes.  At that time, a sweep of the building was conducted by first responders to be sure all had exited.  Due to the timing of the incident, student attendance was verified by school bus and buses were able to exit the school on time.

As with all emergencies, we will debrief the incident to assess our response and look for ways to continually use the experience to improve our emergency responses.

We are grateful for the swift responses of our staff and our first responders, both SROs and Fire Departments.